Summer Plumbing Tips
Summer heat in Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Rockwall and other surrounding DFW areas can create many different plumbing issues. We recommend that you spend some time investigating the plumbing in your home. One suggested area is the bathroom.
• Check around the base of the toilet for signs of water damage (i.e.; rolled vinyl, black or white stains).
• To check for a “soft floor,” stand straddled over the toilet and rock back and forth on each foot. If the floor feels spongy, it is probably rotting or weakened.
• Check to see how fast the toilet flushes.
• Check for leaky or loose tiles by pressing on the walls where they come in contact with the bathtub. If the walls are soft, water may have created damage behind the tiles.
Water Supply Piping
• Turn on water in bathtub and in the kitchen sink. If there is a noticeable reduction in water volume, the piping in the house may need to be replaced because of calcium and mineral deposits.
• If the home has a basement, check exposed piping for signs of leaking or recent repairs.
• Find the main line cleanout and ensure that it is accessible.
Check back for more plumbing tips and tricks from Total Plumbing, serving Dallas, Mesquite, Garland, Rockwall and other DFW cities.